CME Group to reopen stock-index, rate trading Monday evening
CHICAGO Oct 29 (Reuters) - CME Group Inc will reopen trading in stock-index and interest-rate futures and options Monday evening, the exchange operator said in a statement.
CME had closed the markets after U.S. stock-exchanges and the cash bond markets shut because of Hurricane Sandy.
CME will start up equity-index trading at 6 pm ET (0000 GMT), and close it back down at 9:15 ET (1315 GMT) Tuesday to coordinate with the closure of U.S. stock markets.
CME will reopen trading in Treasury, Eurodollar and other interest-rate contracts at 6 pm ET, and will resume normal trading hours thereafter.
Trading will be conducted as usual on Tuesday, it said.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted