Anadarko Petroleum has quarterly profit
(Reuters) - Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC.N) on Monday reported a quarterly profit compared with a year-ago loss when the U.S. oil and gas company set aside funds to settle with BP Plc (BP.N) over its Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Anadarko had a third-quarter profit $121 million, or 24 cents per share, compared with a loss of $3.1 billion $6.12 per share in the same quarter a year earlier.
(This story corrects text and dollar figures to show the company reported a profit in third quarter vs year ago loss, not other way round) (Reporting By Anna Driver; Editing by Maureen Bavdek and Alden Bentley)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets