Anadarko Petroleum has quarterly profit
(Reuters) - Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC.N) on Monday reported a quarterly profit compared with a year-ago loss when the U.S. oil and gas company set aside funds to settle with BP Plc (BP.N) over its Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Anadarko had a third-quarter profit $121 million, or 24 cents per share, compared with a loss of $3.1 billion $6.12 per share in the same quarter a year earlier.
(This story corrects text and dollar figures to show the company reported a profit in third quarter vs year ago loss, not other way round) (Reporting By Anna Driver; Editing by Maureen Bavdek and Alden Bentley)
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine