Anadarko Petroleum has quarterly profit
(Reuters) - Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC.N) on Monday reported a quarterly profit compared with a year-ago loss when the U.S. oil and gas company set aside funds to settle with BP Plc (BP.N) over its Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Anadarko had a third-quarter profit $121 million, or 24 cents per share, compared with a loss of $3.1 billion $6.12 per share in the same quarter a year earlier.
(This story corrects text and dollar figures to show the company reported a profit in third quarter vs year ago loss, not other way round) (Reporting By Anna Driver; Editing by Maureen Bavdek and Alden Bentley)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers