Japan Econmin Maehara to attend BOJ policy meeting Tuesday
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Economics Minister Seiji Maehara said on Monday he will attend the Bank of Japan's policy-setting meeting on Tuesday.
At its meeting, the central bank is expected to further ease monetary policy and may make a stronger commitment to continue pumping cash into the economy until its 1 percent inflation target is achieved, sources have said.
(Writing by Shinichi Saoshiro; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow