Federal government offices in Washington closed on Tuesday
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Federal government offices in Washington, D.C., will be closed to the public on Tuesday, as Hurricane Sandy threatens to cause extensive damage to the area.
The U.S. Office of Personnel Management announced that non-emergency employees will be granted administrative leave on Tuesday, and emergency employees are generally expected to report to their work sites.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port