Washington Metro to remain closed on Tuesday morning
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Major public transportation in Washington, halted because of Hurricane Sandy, will not resume on Tuesday morning, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority said.
Metrorail and Metrobus service will remain suspended due to the hurricane, which is expected to cause widespread havoc in the capital on Monday evening and early on Tuesday morning.
WMATA said it will make an announcement on the timing of restored service after it is able to assess damage and weather conditions on Tuesday morning.
(Reporting By Karey Wutkowski; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |