- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
Obama cancels Tuesday campaign event to focus on storm Sandy
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama will not travel to a campaign event scheduled for Tuesday in Wisconsin and will stay in Washington to monitor Hurricane Sandy, the White House said on Monday.
The event, just eight days ahead of the November 6 election, was scheduled to take place in the battleground state's Green Bay area.
Instead, Obama will "stay in Washington ... on Tuesday and closely monitor the impact of and response to Hurricane Sandy," the White House said in a statement.
(Reporting By Susan Heavey; Editing by Mohammad Zargham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this