Barclays suspends bid for Namibia's Bank Windhoek
WINDHOEK Oct 30 (Reuters) - Barclays Plc has temporarily suspended its bid for a stake in Namibia's Bank Windhoek until it completes a process to combine its African businesses with those of Absa Group, Barclays said on Tuesday.
The British bank announced in August it would be combining its interests in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Indian Ocean states with Absa, South Africa's third-largest lender.
- A week on, Gaza war takes on deadly routine despite calls for truce |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels |
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources