Barclays suspends bid for Namibia's Bank Windhoek
WINDHOEK Oct 30 (Reuters) - Barclays Plc has temporarily suspended its bid for a stake in Namibia's Bank Windhoek until it completes a process to combine its African businesses with those of Absa Group, Barclays said on Tuesday.
The British bank announced in August it would be combining its interests in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Indian Ocean states with Absa, South Africa's third-largest lender.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image