- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
Community Health profit beats Wall Street forecasts
* Q3 EPS excluding items $0.86 vs analyst estimate of $0.84
* Q3 operating revenue rises 9 percent to $3.2 billion
Oct 30 (Reuters) - Hospital operator Community Health Systems Inc reported third-quarter profit that exceeded analyst estimates, helped by higher patient admissions.
Excluding a loss from the early retirement of debt, Community Health said it earned 86 cents a share.
Analysts had expected the Franklin, Tennessee-based company to earn 84 cents a share on revenue of $3.21 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Income from continuing operations fell to $58.8 million, or 49 cents a share, from $95.8 million, or 86 cents a share, a year earlier. Operating revenue rose 9 percent to $3.2 billion.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this