Genworth posts profit as losses from US mortgage insurance fall
Oct 30 (Reuters) - Life and mortgage insurer Genworth Financial Inc posted a third-quarter profit, compared with a loss a year earlier, as losses narrowed at its U.S. mortgage insurance unit.
Net income for the quarter was $34 million, or 7 cents per share, compared with a loss of $16 million, or 3 cents per share, a year earlier.
The insurer reported an operating profit of $121 million, or 25 cents a share.
Losses from the U.S. mortgage insurance unit more than halved to $38 million.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |