Hitachi seeking operator for UK nuclear project
LONDON Oct 30 (Reuters) - Japan's Hitachi is in discussions with candidates to operate its UK Horizon nuclear power project to build up to six plants, which it acquired on Tuesday.
"We are in discussions with candidates," said Tatsuro Ishizuka, CEO of Hitachi's power systems company, during a press conference in London, adding that Hitachi was not looking to operate the project itself.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment