Hitachi seeking operator for UK nuclear project
LONDON Oct 30 (Reuters) - Japan's Hitachi is in discussions with candidates to operate its UK Horizon nuclear power project to build up to six plants, which it acquired on Tuesday.
"We are in discussions with candidates," said Tatsuro Ishizuka, CEO of Hitachi's power systems company, during a press conference in London, adding that Hitachi was not looking to operate the project itself.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated
- Ukraine opposition seeks million-strong rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel