Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Oct 30 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Tuesday: * Vivendi SA's SFR is in discussions about a tie-up with Iliad SA, which shook up France's mobile market when it launched its low-cost Free Mobile offering earlier this year, Les Echos reported on its website. * Hitachi Ltd agreed to buy the Horizon nuclear project for 700 million pounds ($1.12 billion) from its German owners, beating a rival bid from Westinghouse Electric Co and leaving the project's owners "turning cartwheels" at the price, the Financial Times reported.* Large buyout funds such as Carlyle Group LP, Bain Capital and Blackstone group LP have been approached to buy Alliance Tire Group, a specialised tyre company, with leading private equity investor Warburg Pincus LLC deciding to exit its five year-old investment, the Economic Times reported.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill