Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Oct 30 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Tuesday: * Vivendi SA's SFR is in discussions about a tie-up with Iliad SA, which shook up France's mobile market when it launched its low-cost Free Mobile offering earlier this year, Les Echos reported on its website. * Hitachi Ltd agreed to buy the Horizon nuclear project for 700 million pounds ($1.12 billion) from its German owners, beating a rival bid from Westinghouse Electric Co and leaving the project's owners "turning cartwheels" at the price, the Financial Times reported.* Large buyout funds such as Carlyle Group LP, Bain Capital and Blackstone group LP have been approached to buy Alliance Tire Group, a specialised tyre company, with leading private equity investor Warburg Pincus LLC deciding to exit its five year-old investment, the Economic Times reported.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Malaysia Airlines says lost contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales