Con Edison workers trapped in NY power plant by Sandy -Reuters witness
NEW YORK Oct 30 (Reuters) - Nineteen workers were trapped inside a Consolidated Edison power station on the east side of Manhattan Monday night by rising floodwaters that accompanied the surge from powerful storm Sandy, according to a Reuters witness.
A rescue worker, who declined to be named, said the station had suffered an explosion inside.
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset