Constellation shuts Nine Mile One nuclear reactor-NRC
NEW YORK Oct 30 (Reuters) - Constellation Nuclear Energy Group's 630-MW Nine Mile One nuclear power reactor in upstate New York shut on Monday due to a problem putting power onto the grid, a spokesman at the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission said.
He said it was not clear if the outage was related to Hurricane Sandy.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Genre-bending, 'unexpected' films top Sundance 2014 lineup
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'