Syrian air raid on strategic town kills 6 civilians: activists
AMMAN (Reuters) - A Syrian airforce raid on a rebel-held town, strategically situated on the Damascus-Aleppo highway, killed at least six civilians on Tuesday, including children, opposition campaigners in the area said.
Video footage showed men pulling out the body of a toddler from a flattened building in a northern neighborhood of Maarat al-Numaan, 300 kilometers (188 miles) north of Damascus, which has been under aerial and ground bombardment since rebels seized control last month.
The footage could not be independently verified.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Vice principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- East Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |