- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Syrian air raid on strategic town kills 6 civilians: activists
AMMAN (Reuters) - A Syrian airforce raid on a rebel-held town, strategically situated on the Damascus-Aleppo highway, killed at least six civilians on Tuesday, including children, opposition campaigners in the area said.
Video footage showed men pulling out the body of a toddler from a flattened building in a northern neighborhood of Maarat al-Numaan, 300 kilometers (188 miles) north of Damascus, which has been under aerial and ground bombardment since rebels seized control last month.
The footage could not be independently verified.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this