Syrian air raid on strategic town kills 6 civilians: activists
AMMAN (Reuters) - A Syrian airforce raid on a rebel-held town, strategically situated on the Damascus-Aleppo highway, killed at least six civilians on Tuesday, including children, opposition campaigners in the area said.
Video footage showed men pulling out the body of a toddler from a flattened building in a northern neighborhood of Maarat al-Numaan, 300 kilometers (188 miles) north of Damascus, which has been under aerial and ground bombardment since rebels seized control last month.
The footage could not be independently verified.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- U.S., EU impose sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- A plunge in U.S. preschool obesity? Not so fast, experts say