Russia's Altimo buys 6 pct Vimpelcom stake
MOSCOW Oct 30 (Reuters) - Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman's Altimo bought a 6 percent stake in Vimpelcom from a vehicle of Ukrainian tycoon Viktor Pinchuk, becoming the largest shareholder in the telecoms operator, Vimpelcom said.
Through the deal, Altimo raised its Vimpelcom stake to 47.85 percent from 41.85 percent, Vimpelcom said in a filing with U.S. regulators. Its Norwegian co-investor Telenor has 43 percent.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat