Russia's Altimo buys 6 pct Vimpelcom stake
MOSCOW Oct 30 (Reuters) - Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman's Altimo bought a 6 percent stake in Vimpelcom from a vehicle of Ukrainian tycoon Viktor Pinchuk, becoming the largest shareholder in the telecoms operator, Vimpelcom said.
Through the deal, Altimo raised its Vimpelcom stake to 47.85 percent from 41.85 percent, Vimpelcom said in a filing with U.S. regulators. Its Norwegian co-investor Telenor has 43 percent.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'