CORRECTED-AGCO profit jumps 12 percent on strong tractor sales
(Corrects net income numbers, which were inverted)
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Farm equipment maker AGCO Corp posted a 12 percent jump in quarterly profit on Wednesday due in part to strong demand for tractors in North and South America.
For the quarter, the company earned a net income of $94.5 million, or 96 cents per share, compared with $84.4 million, or 87 cents per share, in the year-ago period.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order