CORRECTED-AGCO profit jumps 12 percent on strong tractor sales
(Corrects net income numbers, which were inverted)
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Farm equipment maker AGCO Corp posted a 12 percent jump in quarterly profit on Wednesday due in part to strong demand for tractors in North and South America.
For the quarter, the company earned a net income of $94.5 million, or 96 cents per share, compared with $84.4 million, or 87 cents per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue rose 9 percent to $2.29 billion. (Reporting by Ernest Scheyder; Editing by Bernadette Baum)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea