BMC Software reports lower quarterly profit
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Business software maker BMC Software Inc's quarterly profit fell 15 percent as license bookings from its corporate customers declined.
Net income fell to $97.8 million, or 61 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $114.7 million, or 65 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, earnings were 88 cents per share.
Revenue fell 2 percent to $548.2 million.
BMC is exploring a sale and has approached potential suitors including large technology companies and private equity firms.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement