BMC Software reports lower quarterly profit
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Business software maker BMC Software Inc's quarterly profit fell 15 percent as license bookings from its corporate customers declined.
Net income fell to $97.8 million, or 61 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $114.7 million, or 65 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, earnings were 88 cents per share.
Revenue fell 2 percent to $548.2 million.
BMC is exploring a sale and has approached potential suitors including large technology companies and private equity firms.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions