Con-way profit falls on higher costs
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Con-way Inc, a U.S. trucking and logistics company, reported a lower quarterly profit due to higher costs at its less-than-truckload unit.
Net income fell to $25.3 million, or 45 cents per share, in the third quarter, from $29.1 million, or 52 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue for the Ann Arbor, Michigan-based company rose 2 percent to $1.40 billion, below the average forecast of $1.44 billion according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine