Con-way profit falls on higher costs
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Con-way Inc, a U.S. trucking and logistics company, reported a lower quarterly profit due to higher costs at its less-than-truckload unit.
Net income fell to $25.3 million, or 45 cents per share, in the third quarter, from $29.1 million, or 52 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue for the Ann Arbor, Michigan-based company rose 2 percent to $1.40 billion, below the average forecast of $1.44 billion according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base