News Corp's $2.1 bln bid for Consolidated Media approved
MELBOURNE Oct 31 (Reuters) - Shareholders in Consolidated Media Holdings Ltd voted in favour of a A$2 billion ($2.07 billion) takeover offer from Rupert Murdoch's News Corp , giving News Corp a greater share of Australia's pay-TV market.
The deal will double the stake of News Corp's Australian unit in dominant pay-TV operator Foxtel to 50 percent and give it 100 percent of content provider Fox Sports, boosting its pay-TV exposure at the same time as it cuts back print operations.
The board of Consolidated Media had backed the offer.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media