Cummins profit down 22 percent on falling sales in all units
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Cummins Inc posted a 22 percent drop in quarterly profit on Wednesday as demand for its engines and engine parts fell in nearly all parts of the globe.
For the third quarter, the company posted net income of $352 million, or $1.86 per share, compared with $452 million, or $2.35 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 11 percent to $4.1 billion.
Shares of the company closed Friday at $93.82 after gaining nearly 7 percent so far this year.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Seventh person dies after New York blast, building collapse: police
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ