Cummins profit down 22 percent on falling sales in all units
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Cummins Inc posted a 22 percent drop in quarterly profit on Wednesday as demand for its engines and engine parts fell in nearly all parts of the globe.
For the third quarter, the company posted net income of $352 million, or $1.86 per share, compared with $452 million, or $2.35 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 11 percent to $4.1 billion.
Shares of the company closed Friday at $93.82 after gaining nearly 7 percent so far this year.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image