EMC opens EMC Labs in Israel
JERUSALEM Oct 31 (Reuters) - Data-storage equipment maker EMC Corp said it was opening an EMC Labs in Israel aimed at developing innovative technologies for storage, security and big data.
EMC opened an EMC Labs in China last year.
The company did not provide financial details.
EMC Labs in Israel will primarily be research oriented and will operate without any product, organisational or regional EMC constrictions, EMC said on Wednesday.
Its research activities will focus on next-generation technology that EMC says it must develop to address the challenges and opportunities in the world of information technology.
The first project at EMC Labs in Israel will focus on learning storage behaviour in order to foresee the storage needs of various systems and optimise storage performance. It will use machine learning methods and big data analytics and data mining tools.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media