Greek labour unions call general strike for Nov 6-7
ATHENS Oct 31 (Reuters) - Greece's two biggest labour unions called a 48-hour strike for Nov. 6-7 to protest against the latest wave of austerity measures demanded by foreign lenders set to be voted in parliament next week.
"We will strike to stop the measures from being voted in parliament," Ilias Iliopoulos, general secretary of public sector union ADEDY said on Wednesday. "We won't allow the government to hurt Greek people any more."
Private sector union GSEE, the country's largest representing about 2 million workers, is also joining the walkout.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea