Nikkei rises as company earnings not as bad as feared
TOKYO, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average advanced on Wednesday as investors took comfort that some firms, such as Hitachi Ltd and Komatsu Ltd, did not cut their full-year earnings guidance as feared. The Nikkei rose 1 percent to 8,928.29, and was up 0.7 percent this month, its third straight monthly gain. The broader Topix index climbed 1.2 percent to 742.33.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |