Nikkei rises as company earnings not as bad as feared
TOKYO, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average advanced on Wednesday as investors took comfort that some firms, such as Hitachi Ltd and Komatsu Ltd, did not cut their full-year earnings guidance as feared. The Nikkei rose 1 percent to 8,928.29, and was up 0.7 percent this month, its third straight monthly gain. The broader Topix index climbed 1.2 percent to 742.33.
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs