Italy's Consob doubtful on Proto's pact in RCS
MILAN Oct 31 (Reuters) - Italy's market watchdog Consob said on Wednesday that financier Alessandro Proto had not complied with its requests of information about his shareholder pact in publisher RCS Mediagroup.
"There are no elements to prove the truthfulness of what Proto has communicated to the Commission and the market about the RCS shareholder pact," Consob said in a statement.
The market watchdog had asked Proto to disclose the identity of his partners in the pact and provide other information by a Wednesday deadline.
Shares in RCS were highly volatile recently, reacting to Proto's announcement of stake building. (Reporting by Francesca Landini)
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |