Seagate 1st-qtr profit quadruples
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Storage device maker Seagate Technology Plc's first-quarter profit quadrupled and revenue rose by a third.
In the same quarter last year, Seagate's results were hit by flooding that affected their factories in Thailand.
First-quarter net income rose to $582 million, or $1.42 per share, from $140 million, or 32 cents per share.
Excluding one-time items, Seagate earned $1.45 per share.
Quarterly revenue rose to $3.73 billion.
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote