Seagate 1st-qtr profit quadruples
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Storage device maker Seagate Technology Plc's first-quarter profit quadrupled and revenue rose by a third.
In the same quarter last year, Seagate's results were hit by flooding that affected their factories in Thailand.
First-quarter net income rose to $582 million, or $1.42 per share, from $140 million, or 32 cents per share.
Excluding one-time items, Seagate earned $1.45 per share.
Quarterly revenue rose to $3.73 billion.
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran