Seagate 1st-qtr profit quadruples
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Storage device maker Seagate Technology Plc's first-quarter profit quadrupled and revenue rose by a third.
In the same quarter last year, Seagate's results were hit by flooding that affected their factories in Thailand.
First-quarter net income rose to $582 million, or $1.42 per share, from $140 million, or 32 cents per share.
Excluding one-time items, Seagate earned $1.45 per share.
Quarterly revenue rose to $3.73 billion.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |