SPX posts lower quarterly profit
NEW YORK Oct 31 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer SPX Corp reported a decline in quarterly profit on Wednesday amid weakness in European industrial markets.
The maker of equipment used in drinks and oil production, as well as cooling towers for power plants, earned a net $57.8 million, or $1.16 per share, compared with $60.7 million, or $1.20 per share, a year ago.
Sales rose 7 percent to $1.25 billion.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |