Fed approves purchase of stake in Bank of East Asia
WASHINGTON Oct 31 (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve on Wednesday said it had approved the purchase of up to 9.9 percent of the voting shares of The Bank of East Asia Ltd, Hong Kong by Japan's Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ