Fed approves purchase of stake in Bank of East Asia
WASHINGTON Oct 31 (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve on Wednesday said it had approved the purchase of up to 9.9 percent of the voting shares of The Bank of East Asia Ltd, Hong Kong by Japan's Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |