Alliant TechSystems posts lower quarterly profit
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Alliant TechSystems Inc, a supplier of ammunition and booster rockets, reported a lower quarterly profit on Thursday as sales fell in two large divisions.
Net income came to about $65 million, or $2.00 a share, in the fiscal second quarter ended Sept. 30, compared with about $80 million, or $2.43 a share, a year earlier, the company said on Thursday.
Total quarterly sales were down 4 percent to $1.1 billion. Sales in the aerospace group fell 7 percent to $310 million as revenue from NASA declined. Defense group sales decreased 8 percent to $484 million. Sporting group sales rose 11 percent to $275 million.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |