Apache profit plunges on big write-down
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Apache Corp's profit plunged as the oil and gas producer wrote down the carrying value of its Canadian properties due to weakness in natural gas prices.
The company recorded a $539 million non-cash, after-tax write-down in the quarter.
Net income fell to $161 million, or 41 cents per share, in the third quarter, from $983 million, or $2.50 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 3 percent to $4.18 billion.
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |