Apache profit plunges on big write-down
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Apache Corp's profit plunged as the oil and gas producer wrote down the carrying value of its Canadian properties due to weakness in natural gas prices.
The company recorded a $539 million non-cash, after-tax write-down in the quarter.
Net income fell to $161 million, or 41 cents per share, in the third quarter, from $983 million, or $2.50 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 3 percent to $4.18 billion.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |