AptarGroup's profit falls; sees weak 4th qtr
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Packaging products maker AptarGroup Inc posted lower quarterly results, hurt by a strong dollar and soft demand for its products, and the company forecast a weak fourth-quarter profit.
Aptar forecast earnings of 53 cents to 58 cents per share for the current quarter. Analysts were expecting a profit of 62 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company's third-quarter profit fell to $42.1 million, or 62 cents per share, from $49.3 million, or 72 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales fell 2 percent to $589.6 million.
Shares of the Crystal Lake, Illinois-based company closed up 4 percent at $53.13 on Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details