AptarGroup's profit falls; sees weak 4th qtr
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Packaging products maker AptarGroup Inc posted lower quarterly results, hurt by a strong dollar and soft demand for its products, and the company forecast a weak fourth-quarter profit.
Aptar forecast earnings of 53 cents to 58 cents per share for the current quarter. Analysts were expecting a profit of 62 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company's third-quarter profit fell to $42.1 million, or 62 cents per share, from $49.3 million, or 72 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales fell 2 percent to $589.6 million.
Shares of the Crystal Lake, Illinois-based company closed up 4 percent at $53.13 on Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'