Avon slashes dividend as profit, revenue plunge
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Avon Products Inc slashed its dividend 73.9 percent on Thursday, while also announcing measures to cut costs by at least $400 million within three years and reporting a steep plunge in third-quarter profit because of higher product costs and lower sales.
Avon reported a net profit of $31.6 million, or 7 cents per share, on revenue of $2.55 billion, compared with $164.2 million, or 38 cents per share, on revenue of $2.76 billion a year earlier.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York