Avon slashes dividend as profit, revenue plunge
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Avon Products Inc slashed its dividend 73.9 percent on Thursday, while also announcing measures to cut costs by at least $400 million within three years and reporting a steep plunge in third-quarter profit because of higher product costs and lower sales.
Avon reported a net profit of $31.6 million, or 7 cents per share, on revenue of $2.55 billion, compared with $164.2 million, or 38 cents per share, on revenue of $2.76 billion a year earlier.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter