BCE profit falls, but revenue up
Nov 1 (Reuters) - BCE Inc, Canada's biggest telecom provider, reported on Thursday lower profit compared with a year earlier, when lower income tax expenses had boosted earnings, but revenue rose.
Bell Canada's parent recently delayed the closing of its proposed acquisition of Astral Media Inc after Canada's broadcast regulator blocked the C$3 billion deal.
Net income attributed to shareholders for the third quarter fell to C$569 million ($569 million), or 74 Canadian cents a share, compared with C$642 million, or 83 Canadian cents A share, a year earlier. Operating revenue rose 1.5 percent to C$4.98 billion.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program