Greenbrier profit falls on fewer railcar deliveries
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Greenbrier Cos reported a decline in quarterly profit due to fewer railcar deliveries and forecast lower shipments for 2013.
The company said it now expects to deliver between 11,500 and 13,000 railcars for the year ended Aug. 31, 2013, down from the 15,000 it delivered this year.
Net income fell to $7.4 million, or 26 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, from $12.6 million, or 42 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report