Green Dot adjusted profit tops estimates
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Prepaid card company Green Dot Corp posted a higher-than-expected adjusted quarterly profit, driven by a rise in card revenue, and it backed its forecast for the year.
Third-quarter net income fell to $10.6 million, or 24 cents per share, from $13.3 million, or 30 cents per share, last year.
Excluding items, the company reported earnings of 29 cents a share.
Total operating revenue rose 16 percent to $134.3 million.
Analysts had expected earnings of 25 cents per share on revenue of $126.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter