CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends positive; Barrick, Cameco disappoint
TORONTO, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Canada's benchmark stock index finished higher on Thursday, driven by economic data from the United States and China, which more than offset disappointing results from mining giants Barrick Gold Corp and Cameco Corp. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index closed up 76.85 points, or 0.62 percent, at 12,499.76. All but two of the index's 10 main groups were higher.
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness