CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends positive; Barrick, Cameco disappoint
TORONTO, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Canada's benchmark stock index finished higher on Thursday, driven by economic data from the United States and China, which more than offset disappointing results from mining giants Barrick Gold Corp and Cameco Corp. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index closed up 76.85 points, or 0.62 percent, at 12,499.76. All but two of the index's 10 main groups were higher.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |