CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends positive; Barrick, Cameco disappoint
TORONTO, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Canada's benchmark stock index finished higher on Thursday, driven by economic data from the United States and China, which more than offset disappointing results from mining giants Barrick Gold Corp and Cameco Corp. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index closed up 76.85 points, or 0.62 percent, at 12,499.76. All but two of the index's 10 main groups were higher.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media