Newmont Mining profit drops on higher costs
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Newmont Mining Corp, the world's second-largest gold producer, reported a 26 percent drop in quarterly profit as production at its Indonesian mine fell and operating costs rose.
Profit fell to $367 million, or 74 per share, in the third quarter, from $493 million, or 98 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue at Newmont, which also mines for copper, fell 10 percent to $2.5 billion.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine