Nikon cuts stepper sales forecast by almost 40 pct
TOKYO Nov 1 (Reuters) - Nikon Corp said on Thursday it is slashing its forecast for stepper sales in the year to next March by 39 percent to 28 steppers, down from an August forecast to sell 46 of the multi-million dollar lithography machines.
Nikon, which is trying to keep pace with ASML, also cut its annual sales forecast for its compact cameras to 17 million cameras, down from 18 million. It nudged up its digital SLR camera sales outlook to 7.1 million from a previous forecast of 7 million cameras. (Reporting by Tokyo Newsroom; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn