Nigerian finmin worried new oil discoveries will hurt prices
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Africa's top oil producer Nigeria is concerned that oil and gas prices could fall as more countries uncover reserves and sees the need to make plans to adapt to this new environment, its finance minister said on Thursday.
"We are worried, we are concerned, because obviously so many countries are discovering oil and gas so the supply will be increasing over the next few years and therefore we need to plan accordingly to make sure we have the necessary buffers in our own economy," Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala told reporters.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran atom talks set to resume next month after missing deadline
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'