Priceline.com profit rises, shares jump 9 pct after the bell
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Online travel agency Priceline.com on Thursday posted higher third-quarter profit as international revenue rose more than 30 percent, and its shares rose 9 percent after the bell.
Net income came to $596.6 million, or $11.66 a share, up from $469.5 million, or $9.17 a share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 17 percent to $1.71 billion, better than the $1.65 billion expected by analysts.
After the results were released, Priceline.com shares rose to $637.68 in extended trading from their $586.10 close.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media