SunPower posts smaller loss on cost cuts
Nov 1 (Reuters) - U.S. solar company SunPower Corp reported a decline in quarterly loss as it generated more revenue from North America and cut panel costs.
The company, which is majority owned by France's Total SA , lost $48.5 million, or 41 cents per share, in the third quarter. SunPower had a loss of $370.8 million, or $3.77 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue from North America rose 36 percent.
Total Revenue fell 8 percent to $648.9 million and selling costs declined 10 percent.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- Stress tests, Ebola cool global stocks after best week of year