The Hartford Financial 3rd-quarter profit rises
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Insurer The Hartford Financial Services Group reported a surge in third-quarter profit on lower investment losses, but core earnings came in below Wall Street expectations.
Net income jumped to $401 million, or 83 cents per share, from $60 million, or 11 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, it earned 78 cents per share.
Analysts on average were expecting Hartford to earn 83 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company's shares closed at $21.92 on Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers