Green Dot adjusted profit tops estimates
(Reuters) - Prepaid card company Green Dot Corp (GDOT.N) posted a higher-than-expected adjusted quarterly profit, driven by a rise in card revenue, and it backed its forecast for the year.
Third-quarter net income fell to $10.6 million, or 24 cents per share, from $13.3 million, or 30 cents per share, last year.
Excluding items, the company reported earnings of 29 cents a share.
Total operating revenue rose 16 percent to $134.3 million.
Analysts had expected earnings of 25 cents per share on revenue of $126.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
(Reporting by Anil D'Silva in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |