Sharp keeps 2012/13 sales forecast for TVs, cuts LCD panels
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sharp Corp maintained its LCD TV sales forecast at 8 million televisions on Thursday even as the Japanese TV maker deals with a shrinking home market and increased industry competition.
But the consumer electronics maker cut its estimate for liquid crystal display panel sales in the year to next March to 880 billion yen ($11.01 billion) from an earlier projection for 900 billion yen.
($1 = 79.9300 Japanese yen)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped