SunPower posts smaller loss on cost cuts
(Reuters) - U.S. solar company SunPower Corp (SPWR.O) reported a decline in quarterly loss as it generated more revenue from North America and cut panel costs.
The company, which is majority owned by France's Total SA (TOTF.PA), lost $48.5 million, or 41 cents per share, in the third quarter. SunPower had a loss of $370.8 million, or $3.77 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue from North America rose 36 percent.
Total Revenue fell 8 percent to $648.9 million and selling costs declined 10 percent.
(Reporting by Swetha Gopinath in Bangalore and Nichola Groom; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |