SunPower posts smaller loss on cost cuts
(Reuters) - U.S. solar company SunPower Corp (SPWR.O) reported a decline in quarterly loss as it generated more revenue from North America and cut panel costs.
The company, which is majority owned by France's Total SA (TOTF.PA), lost $48.5 million, or 41 cents per share, in the third quarter. SunPower had a loss of $370.8 million, or $3.77 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue from North America rose 36 percent.
Total Revenue fell 8 percent to $648.9 million and selling costs declined 10 percent.
(Reporting by Swetha Gopinath in Bangalore and Nichola Groom; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Islamic state issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |