Alpha Natural posts loss on weak coal prices
Nov 2 (Reuters) - Alpha Natural Resources Inc, the third-largest coal producer in the United States, posted a loss for the fourth straight quarter on weak prices.
Net loss was $46 million, or 21 cents per share, in the third quarter, compared with a profit of $63 million, or 28 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 30 percent to $1.63 billion.
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base