Alpha Natural posts loss on weak coal prices
Nov 2 (Reuters) - Alpha Natural Resources Inc, the third-largest coal producer in the United States, posted a loss for the fourth straight quarter on weak prices.
Net loss was $46 million, or 21 cents per share, in the third quarter, compared with a profit of $63 million, or 28 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 30 percent to $1.63 billion.
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting