Harman's revenue dips on weak European auto sector
Nov 2 (Reuters) - Audio systems maker Harman International Industries Inc reported a 5 percent fall in revenue as a weak European automotive sector hit sales to luxury carmakers.
Net income rose to $55 million, or 79 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $48 million, or 67 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 5 percent to $998 million.
The company supplies audio parts to luxury carmakers like Daimler and Volkswagen AG in Europe.
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source