Emerging markets lift ITT third-quarter sales
Nov 2 (Reuters) - ITT Corp reported a lower quarterly net profit on Friday, reflecting the company's breakup a year ago, but earnings from continuing operations were up, helped by U.S. industrial demand and sales to energy markets in emerging economies.
The maker of specialty components for energy, transportation and manufacturing said it had earned $73.0 million, or 78 cents per share, compared with $108.5 million or $1.17 per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 8 percent to $555.9 million.
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police