Con Edison restoring power to lower Manhattan after Sandy
Nov 2 (Reuters) - New York power company Consolidated Edison Inc said Friday it will begin the process of restoring power to mid- and Lower Manhattan following repairs to its East 14th Street substation.
The loss of that substation Monday night during the storm surge from Hurricane Sandy, knocked out power to large sections of downtown Manhattan.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on