Con Edison restoring power to lower Manhattan after Sandy
Nov 2 (Reuters) - New York power company Consolidated Edison Inc said Friday it will begin the process of restoring power to mid- and Lower Manhattan following repairs to its East 14th Street substation.
The loss of that substation Monday night during the storm surge from Hurricane Sandy, knocked out power to large sections of downtown Manhattan.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |